Philippa’s immediate contact info:
Phone: (310) 476-6116 (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Los Angeles – Pacific Time)
Cell phone: (310) 713-3044 (Pacific Time)
Philippa is a physician entrepreneur who has operated her own successful coaching and speaking company, Oya Consulting, since 2002. She started The Entrepreneurial MD in 2006. She is a board-certified Family Physician and former private practitioner. She is also a former hospital Medical Director and CEO with business and leadership experience, as well as an Internet start-up executive.
Philippa is an expert at helping physician entrepreneurs:
- define their dream of starting a business, or being more entrepreneurial in their practices
- create a life plan that permits them to pursue a viable entrepreneurial venture
- determine how, when and if to leave their current practice or job
- get organized to find the money to pursue their business goals
- create sound business and marketing plans that attract potential investors
- create a truly effective network for support and marketing exposure
- set up a schedule they can stick to
Entrepreneur – coach
Philippa is an International Coaching Federation-certified coach, who received her training from The Coaches Institute in San Rafael, CA. She is also a Certified Physician Development Coach through the Physician Leadership Institute. She has coached both physician and non-physician professional clients to accomplish their goals of business development, career fulfillment, career transition, and superior department or organizational leadership.
Her real passion is working with physician and other healthcare entrepreneurs to thrive and succeed in the start-up, growth and running of their own businesses.
Philippa speaks nationally to both medical and non-medical audiences on a variety of topics. Her recent clients have included hospital and health system medical and nursing staff, nursing societies, large group practices (retreat workshops), residency programs (workshops on career development), business school alumni association meetings, and clients in aerospace, advertising, long term care.
Philippa has also been a guest lecturer at UCLA School of Public Health in the Masters in Public Health (MPH) programs.
- Private practice Zimbabwe: January 1981- December 1983
- Private practice Santa Monica: July 1988 – August 1996
- Medical Director UCLA-Santa Monica Medical Center: July 1996 – April 1998
- CEO UCLA-Santa Monica Medical Center: May 1998 – April 2000
- Executive VP Salus.net (internet start-up company): April 2000 – February 2001
- Executive VP Health-y.com (internet health product retailer): August 2001 – September 2002
- MBBCh (6-year equivalent of MD) from University of Witwatersrand Johannesburg, South Africa (November 1978)
- Post-graduate medicine, surgery and pathology rotations, Johannesburg General Hospital (December 1980)
- Board Certified Family Physician, trained at UCLA and at UCLA-Santa Monica Medical Center Family Practice residencies (June 1988).
- MPH from UCLA School of Public Health (June 1997)
- CPCC from The Coaches Institute in San Rafael, CA (January 2005)
- PCC from the International Coaching Federation (Update January 2016).