You may have noticed me playing with video more and more. Well, I’m paying attention to what is hot on the Internet. And it’s VIDEO.
- 84.4 percent (167 million Americans) of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video
- They watched 28 billion web videos
- 125.3 million viewers watched nearly 10.4 billion videos on YouTube.com (83.1 videos per viewer)
- Google served 38% of all videos American’s watched online
- Hulu was second, serving 3.1%
- And Microsoft was third at 1.6%
- The average online video viewer watched 10.8 hours of video
- To give you some perspective on that 10.8 hours number, that average online video was only 3.9 minutes long
What is even more startling personally was that I put a video up on YouTube and it was delivered to me in my Google Alert (set up for the keyword phrase “medical practice promotion”) in less than one day.
It seems the search engines lap this stuff up!!
I though it would be helpful to do a short series on what it takes to create a video (the non-tech person’s perspective) over the next week or two, and why video is so valuable to your business.
Remember – no Hollywood credentials needed.