Physicians are time-pressed, frustrated or frazzled, and are seeking ways to improve the quality of their lives.
Many are discovering the power of a great coaching relationship, to help them cut through the clutter, and to reconnect with that hopeful, passionate, creative Self that aspired to a meaningful career as a physician, way back when!
I coach physicians who are contemplating developing their professional, leadership and business skills, to either express their creativity through stepping up into a physican leadership role, starting and building a business, or finding more excitement in their medical practices by adding new valued, profitable services or products.
So what is individual (or one-on-one) coaching?
Individual coaching is a key way to explore possibilities.
- The possibility of recovering your dedication to, purpose for, and enjoyment of your professional life.
- The possibility of taking on challenges, with a clear vision and direction.
- The possibility of using your core values to make sound decisions that feel right to you
- The possibility of acquiring new skills to run a great practice or business and provide excellent leadership.
“Dr. Kennealy’s coaching helped me clarify my what I really want my practice to look like. It made me understand where I want to go. I am turning my dream into reality and discovering that it’s made the practice of medicine a lot more fun”. Dr. MA, Family Practice, TX
In the course of working with one-on-one with me as your coach, you will:
- Clarify what you really want to achieve – your Vision
- Identify the Values that made you choose healthcare, and decide if they still work for you
- Develop your Personal Mission Statement to remind you of what your special contribution is you want to make to your community or the world!
- Set goals to move in the direction of your vision
- Determine what the career/life balance is that works for you, and take action to make that happen
- Develop a thriving practice or career, and run a great office, if you are committed to remaining a clinician
- Enhance your leadership abilities and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Design and implement a new business venture
- Put into action the plan we create together, so it’s more than just “talk”! It’s about creating and getting the results that you care about.
Curious physicians ask me how long a typical coaching program like this lasts. I’ve had clients who’ve gotten what they needed in as little as four months. I have others who still find value from their coaching with me after three years!
Your coaching program will be tailored to your needs, time commitment and budget, and a fee will be quoted accordingly.
Realize that at the heart of starting with a fresh perspective or setting new goals is changing the way you do (or don’t do) things! We’re talking “Behavior Change” and significant learning — not easy things to do. Please be willing to commit to a minimum of 4 months of coaching work to see any results.
Let me know if you are interested.
If you would like to explore working with me as your individual coach, I would be delighted to speak with you on the phone. We’ll discuss your current situation and your goals and see if we are a good “fit”.
The best way to get me is to contact me here, or to call me between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday to Friday at (310) 476-6116 – I am in the Pacific Time zone, so please take that into account!
I’d love the opportunity to speak to you.